As you have likely noticed, I have been talking a lot about social marketing lately, and for good reason. You see, social marketing is the wave of the future for Internet marketing. It really has made a huge impact on the way that us marketers do business. Since I started using social marketing to promote my business, I have noticed a huge difference in the success of my business, and I have also noticed a huge increase in the amount of money that I am making. It is for this reason that I highly recommend all Internet marketers add social marketing to their marketing campaign.
That being said, Twitter is one of the top social marketing platforms out there. It seems that everyone who is everyone has a Twitter account. What does this mean for you? It means that you can reach a huge audience if you use Twitter to market your business. If you are just getting started with Twitter, it can be a bit confusing. With these tips and tricks, you can find success using Twitter as a part of your social marketing campaign.
- Create a Clever Username. Your username is what is going to be used to contact you, and it is also what is going to be used to attract followers.
- Use the @ Sign When Tweeting Someone. The @ sign is necessary when you are tweeting someone else on Twitter. You can’t just use someone’s user name, you have to put the @ sign in front of their user name.
- Participate in #Follow Friday (#FF). On Friday, it is a big thing on Twitter to thank people who have been following you for the week. You do this by simply using #Follow Friday or #FF and then list the names of the special followers that you want to thank in your Tweet.
- Share Your Pictures. Everyone likes pictures. Pictures give your business a more personal feeling and make your followers feel like they really know you. So go ahead and share any pictures that relate to your business, or that you think that your followers would like to see.
- Get a Mobile App. You want to make sure that you post to Twitter as often as possible. On days when you aren’t going to be home, it really helps to have a mobile app for Twitter set up on your phone. With this app, you can post to Twitter while you are on the go, keeping your followers informed all the time.
- Check Those Direct Messages. Direct messages are what your clients will use to get in touch with you directly. It is important that you check your direct messages on a regular basis to make sure that you are responding to your clients needs.
- ReTweet Tweets. Retweet tweets of your followers. This will help you to share information that others may find useful, as well as let your followers know you are listening to them.
- Use Twitter Search. Use this option to see if others are talking about your blog or website. With this option, you will be able to see if there is any buzz about your business.
- Create Tweets that are Meaningful. Creating tweets that are meaningful will help to make an impact on your followers, plus, start a conversation.
- Know Key Terms. There are a lot of terms associated with Twitter. Make sure you are familiar with them in order to be successful.