Over the past few years, there have been several advents in technology that have really made it possible to find great success working on the World Wide Web as an Internet marketer. These components have made it possible to spread the word about your Internet marketing business to a really wise audience of people, which at the end of the day, is the most important aspect of an Internet marketing business. Social bookmarking is one of the many components that I am speaking of.
Social bookmarking refers to the ability to save the URL of a Web site directly on a social bookmarking site. Back in the old days, the only way that you could save the URL of a Web site was right on your own machine, which was great; but what if you wanted to see the URL someplace else, or what if you wanted to share the URL of the Web site with someone else? That is one the beautiful thing about social bookmaring. It also allows Web searchers to locate a specific Web site of interest without having to sort through tons of search results. Another advantage is that social bookmarking can help to increase your page ranking. You see, search engines crawl social bookmarking sites often and the more the URL of your Web site appears on social bookmarking sites, the more important the search engines will think that it is, which will result in a higher page ranking.
So, all of that being said, if you are new to social bookmarking and don’t know the first thing about it, here are some tips and tricks that will help successful social bookmark your Web site.
- Be Consistent. One of the most helpful tips that I can offer you for successful social bookmarking is to be consistent. This means that you have to submit new content to your Web site each and every time you add it. When you post a new blog post, when you add a new product, when you feature a new service, you need to add it to the social bookmarking sites. Doing so will allow your content to be seen by the search engines and by your targeted audience with greater ease.
- Add to Several Social Bookmarking Sites. Don’t think that just because you added your information to one site that you are good to go. The more that social bookmarking sites you add your information to, the better chance you have of being noticed and the higher your search engine ranking will be.
- Don’t just use the Big Names. While the big social bookmarking sites, of course, are good, don’t avoid the smaller ones. More niche specific sites can also help to get your Web site noticed.
- Encourage Others to Add Your Site. You don’t have to be the only one to add your site; others can, as well. Encourage people to share your site to get increase your exposure.
- Ping Bookmarks. Ping your profile page after your bookmark your site. This will let the search engines know to crawl your site.
- Change it Up. Don’t use the same tags, descriptions and titles when bookmarking. Search engines may view this as duplicate content and look over your bookmarks.
- Bookmark Others. Don’t only be a self promoter; promote other people’s sites as well.
- Follow the Rules. Rules are created for a reason; follow them in order to stay in good graces with the search engines.
- Invite Others. Ask others to join your social bookmarking sites, which will help to grow the sites.
- Wait. Don’t expect that social bookmarking will get you success right away. Be patient. It will take some time to make a difference; but it will make a difference.