Even if you are just starting out in the Internet marketing business, I am sure that you have heard of Pinterest; and you have likely even used Pinterest for your own personal use. In terms of business, Pinterest has become a very big thing for the Internet marketing industry. You see, it is one of the fastest grown social media platforms on the World Wide Web today, and as such, if you are serious about starting a successful Internet marketing business, then you need to be familiar with it and know how to use it to your advantage.
First, let me explain what Pinterest is. It is a social media platform that allows you to search for, organize and share different ideas that are found on the World Wide Web. The ‘pinboards’ allow people to do things plan events, decorate their homes and find ideas for teaching their children. It is like a social bookmarking site, and if you can get your business noticed on Pinterest, then you will attract an even larger client base and generate and even larger income.
Here are 10 tips for you to follow when using Pinterest to expand your business:
- Be Aware. Before you even consider setting up a space on Pinterest, you need to be aware of all of the rules and regulations that are associated with using this site. There are a lot of terms and conditions that go along with Pinterest, so make sure you read the fine print before you decide to set up your boards.
- Know the Etiquette. Just like with reading the terms and conditions associated with Pinterest, you also must be aware of the etiquette associated with using this site. In order to succeed on this site, you must follow the etiquette that is set forth by the site.
- Ask Questions. If you are not sure about something, make sure you ask. Hit the forums, see what others are saying and post your questions. It is better to know in advance what you should do than to just wing it and hope for the best.
- Set Yourself Up. Once you have done your research and had your questions answered, you must get your feet wet and try it on for size. Start using Pinterest slowly and once you get used to it and start being successful with it, you can really jump on board full throttle.
- TAG. Make sure you tag all of your pins appropriately. Just like with Facebook, Twitter or a blog post, tags are what are going to help you get noticed and increase your SEO. So go ahead and make sure that you tag all of your pins and pin them appropriately.
- Organization is Key. You must be organized when using Pinterest. Make sure that your boards are clear and their purpose is understood. Don’t just throw up a bunch of pins onto aboard haphazardly; you’ll overwhelm yourself and your community.
- Add Attractive Images. Image are what draw people in, so make sure you use attractive images to catch the eye of potential community members.
- Make it Useful. While you can simply pin photos of your products and ideas, this won’t really find you success. Pinterest is all about sharing ideas, strategies and so forth, so in order to make your information useful, you have to add some details; tips, advice and so forth.
- Spread the Word. Make sure you spread the word about your Pinterest boards by adding the Pinterest logo to your websites.
- Have an Open Mind. Pinterest, as with everything else associated with Internet marketing, is constantly evolving. Have an open mind and be open to learn about and accept the changes.