As we approach the end of the year, I like to reflect on the events that have occurred throughout the year and analyze the lessons that I have learned. There is no doubt about it; 2012 has certainly been an exciting year in Internet marketing. There have been many ups and some downs, but hopefully everyone has had success in this year.
As I look back at this year, I would like to share with you some of the most valuable Internet marketing tips that I have learned and used. I hope that these tips will help you find even more success before the year is out, and that they will help you to be prosperous in the New Year, as well.
Top 10 Internet Marketing Tips of 2012
1. Search Engine Optimization: Search engine optimization (SEO) has always been an important part of Internet marketing, and in 2012, this still remains true. Take advantage of the different methods of optimizing your site in order to gain maximum exposure. This includes keyword research, quality content, etc.
2. Social Media Optimization: In 2012, social media optimization (SMO) has really become a big part of the Internet marketing industry. Taking advantage of the different social media platforms, like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube and optimizing them will help you to build more awareness of your brand, as well as create more exposure for your business.
3. Create a Blog: Blogs are an excellent way to attract more attention to your business. Through a blog, you can create a greater connection with your targeted audience. Additionally, through a blog, you can let your targeted audience know about the ins and outs of your products and services, and of your business, as a whole.
4. Let Your Customers Know Who You Are: In 2012, people really seem to want to build a relationship with the people that they do business with, or at least they really want to have a little background info on the companies that they do business with. In order to let your customers know more about your business, create a frequently asked questions (FAQ) page. On this page, you can address questions that are commonly asked about your business so that your customers can get a feel for who you are and what you are about.
5. Be Mobile User Friendly: It seems that more and more people are relying on their mobile phones to search the Internet, purchase products and so forth in 2012. If you really want to reach and appeal to the huge audience of people who are using their mobile phones in order to access the World Wide Web and find out information about products and services, than you need to make sure that your site is mobile friendly. You can add plug ins to your sites to make sure that they are mobile friendly.
6. Communicate: The Internet is a whole different place, thanks to social media. People are really expecting to make a connection with those who they do business with. One way that you can connect with your targeted audience is by communicating. Invite communication on your Facebook page, Twitter page and even directly on your website. When you audience feels like they can communicate with you, they will develop a greater relationship with you.
7. Build Quality Links: While you used to be able to easily build links through link exchange programs, or even by purchasing them, in 2012, this is not the case. This year, there has been a real shift to building quality links to websites. This means that you have to actually take the time to create those links via guest posting and the like. The more quality your links are, the better your website will stand on the search engines.
8. Make a Video: In 2012, videos are all the rage; when it comes to marketing, that is. It seems that people are becoming more and more interested in viewing videos than they are in reading content. They like to find out information about products and services via videos rather than read an entire article or blog post. To that end, in 2012, video marketing has become a big trend in Internet marketing. Create a video about a product or service that your business offers and post it onto YouTube. Not only will your targeted audience be able to view your videos, but they will also be able to communicate with one another about your videos.
9. Update Content: Now, this is really nothing new; updated content has always been an important part of Internet marketing, but in 2012, it really seems that updated content has become more important than ever. When you constantly update your content, not only do you let the search engines know that your site is active, but you draw the attention of new site visitors, and hold the attention of your current site visitors. Add updated content to your websites on a regular basis.
10. Quality Content: As with the last tip, quality content is nothing new either. However, in 2012, quality content has really become a big focal point of Internet marketing. Don’t even dream about creating an article or a blog post stuffed with keywords for the sake of increasing your page rankings; in 2012, you really need to focus on creating content that provides value to the visitors of your site. Not only will you keep the search engines happy with quality content, but you will also keep your site visitors happy.
Internet marketing is an every changing industry. As with every other industry out there, if you really want to stay on top, then you really have to stay on top of your game. Follow these Top 10 Internet Marketing Tips for 2012 and you will be sure to drive more traffic to your sites and have more success overall. And remember; Internet marketing isn’t rocket science, but it does take time, devotion and hard work in order to actually be successful in this industry.