Social marketing has certainly become the wave of the future for us Internet marketers, and that wave is here – big time. If you really want to be successful in this fast paced, highly competitive industry, then you really need to take advantage of every type of social marketing that there is available out there; or you, at the very least, need to make use of the biggest platforms.
Google Plus is one of the newest social networking platforms that has made its way onto the Web. A lot of people say that it is just like Facebook, and a lot of people say that it isn’t. At the end of the day, Google Plus is a platform that connects users to one another, allowing them to share information, ideas, photos and so forth. So, for an Internet marketer, Google Plus is another platform to add to the social marketing scene.
If you are going to get yourself set up with Google Plus, there are some tips and tricks that you can use that will help you find success with this social marketing platform.
- Create Attractive Headlines. Make sure that the headlines that you create are short, sweet and to the point; and above all else, attention grabbing.
- Use Asterisks. Asterisks need to be entered at the beginning and end of your headline. Make sure that there aren’t any leading or trailing spaces between the asterisks and your headline and your headline will appear in bold text.
- Set the Post to Public. Don’t assume that your post will automatically be seen by the public at large. While other social networking platforms may automatically have their posts set to be seen by the public, Google Plus does not. As such, you need to make sure that you set your posts to public.
- Use Attractive Images. Make sure you add an attractive image to all of your posts. Images automatically draw attention to a post and if the image is an attractive one, it will draw even more attention.
- Post at the Right Time. The time of day that you post can have a huge impact on your exposure on Google Plus. The most visible times of the day included early and mid morning, around lunch time and just before and after5:00 pm are the best times to be seen. Make sure that you are posting to the site around these times.
- Use Keywords. Keywords are an important part of using Google Plus. Use keywords that are associated with your post in order to get the post noticed.
- Use Google Analytics. Google Analytics will allow you to see how Google Plus is converting for the success of your website. Doing so will allow you to really get an idea of how many people you are reaching and whether or not the site is actually working for you.
- Share with Others. Google Plus is a community and a community is only as good as its weakest member. In order for Google Plus to work for you, make sure that you are sharing with others. Share their information and they will return the favor and share yours.
- Import your Friends. Bring over your Facebook Friends. This will help to give you more exposure on the Google Plus platform.
- Make it Personalized. You have the option to make your Google Plus personalized for your followers. You can set it so that it shows the names of those who +1’d your posts. Doing this will create a sense of personalization, which will make your followers feel like they are really interacting with you.