Facebook is, without a doubt, one of the biggest social media networks on the World Wide Web. It seems like everyone has a Facebook account these days. In fact, there are some 500 million Facebook users. With so many users, can you imagine the powerful impact using Facebook as a means of marketing can have on your business?
If you aren’t yet doing so, I strong urge you to start using Facebook to market your business. This is something that is an absolute must. In order to help you get started off on the right foot of using Facebook as a means of marketing your business, I have created this list of top 10 tips to help you find the success that you deserve.
- Add Regular Updates. Don’t just make a Facebook account and add a new update every once in a while; add a new update every day. By adding frequent updates, you will stay in the eye of your friends, which will help to drive more traffic to your business.
- Create Meaningful Updates. Not only are you going to want to add new updates often, but you are also going to want to make sure that your updates are meaningful. Those who are following you on Facebook don’t want to read updates that don’t make sense or that don’t provide anything of value to their lives. Make sure your posts actually have meaning to them.
- Encourage Interaction. Get people to interact with your site and with one another. Pose a question that for people to answer, or make a statement that will spark a conversation. The more people see interaction on your site, the more they are going to want to interact with your site.
- Let People Know About Your Products and Services. Yes, you are going to want to let people know about your products and services via your status updates. Don’t make it too sales-like, but rather, make it appealing to them. For instance, if you are in the parenting niche and you are promoting a new feeding product, post something like “Having trouble with feeding your picky eater? Give this product a try!”
- Use Attractive Profile Pictures. Make sure you use profile pictures that will catch people’s eye. Use photos that appeal to your business and that will make them want to check out your page.
- Add Polls to your Site. Polls can be a very powerful thing. Add polls on your Facebook page; opinion polls. People always want to participate in polls and offer their opinion. This will drive more visitors to your site.
- Keep your Fans in your Line of Vision. Fans are the best thing you can have on Facebook. They are the driving force behind the success of your site. Make sure that you acknowledge them. Encourage them to ask questions, to rate your products, etc. The more they feel like they are being noticed, the happier they will be.
- Purchase Power on Facebook. People don’t want to have to leave your Facebook page and then go to your site to make a purchase of a product or service. Make it easier for them to buy something by adding the option to buy directly from Facebook on your page.
- Add Interactive Apps and Games. People like to use apps and games to interact with Facebook. Add some onto your page to make people interact with your page even more.
- Be Aware. Never, ever post anything that may be offensive to your fans on your Facebook page. Not only is this going to have a huge negative hit on your business, but it is just going to make people feel bad.