There is no doubt about it; if you want to achieve a high search engine ranking, boost your visibility on the World Wide Web and drive more traffic to your site, then you are going to have to utilize search engine optimization.
I have been talking a lot about search engine optimization lately, and this is for a very good reason; it is because of the latest update that Google made to its Panda algorithm – the exact keyword match domain update. In case you missed this update, just take a look back a few days in our blog, or take a look around the Web and you will find information about it everywhere.
Since search engine optimization is the biggest buzz around the Internet marketing world lately (well, there’s always been a big buzz around it, it’s just really taking center stage at the present moment,) I thought that I would take the time to shed some light on working on your own SEO campaign.
If you are just getting started out working on your own SEO campaign, here are three steps that you can follow in order to get yourself off to a good start:
1. Keyword Research: Keyword research truly is the cornerstone of a good search engine optimization campaign. In fact, you really can’t have a search engine optimization campaign without it keyword research. In order to start conducting keyword research for your site, here are a few tips that will help you:
• Examine your site and think about what it is that you are offering as far as products and services.
• Research to find out if people are searching for the products and services that you are offering on the different search engines.
• Examine other search terms that are related to the products and services that you are offering on your site.
2. Put Your Keywords to Work: Start using your keywords to optimize your website. I highly recommend that you divide your website up into pages and work on optimizing each page. This should include optimizing the content of the page (relevant content to the keywords, of course,) the titles, the descriptions, the headers and the tags. Instead of using the same keywords on each page, vary them. For instance, use 3 keywords on one page, use another variation of the keywords on another page and so forth. Using different variations of your targeted keywords will help to improve your page ranking and drive more traffic to your site.
3. Build Quality Backlinks: Now it’s time to start working on building backlinks to your website. You should add the pages of your site to quality social bookmarking sites, and you should also build backlinks on other quality sites that are related to the niche your site is in. The more backlinks you have, the more traffic you are going to drive to your website.