Well, as we have reached the letter ‘T’ in the A to Z Blogging Challenge, I thought that it would be fitting if I discussed one of the most important aspects of your Internet marketing business; and that is traffic.
Traffic is the bread and butter of your Internet marketing business. Without traffic, your business would not exist and you would be out of business. But, what exactly is traffic? Well, on the World Wide Web, traffic is very similar to traffic on the highway; it is like loads of cars trying to reach one common destination. As logic would dictate, the more cars there are that are trying to reach that one destination, the more popular that destination must be. In terms of Internet marketing, the cars are replaced by people and the destination is replaced by your Web site; however, the idea of being the most popular destination remains the same.
The bottom line is, the more traffic you have coming in to your Web site, the more success you are going to have. So, how do you increase, or build the traffic to your Web site? Well, there are a number of tactics that you can employ. Here is a look at some of these traffic building tactics:
- Promote. You must promote your site in order to drive traffic to it. Without promotion, many users won’t even know your site exists. There are many ways that you can promote your site, including commenting on forums, using social media and guest posting on other people’s blogs
- Branch out. We all think that Google is the be-all and end-all of search engines; while it may be the most popular, it certainly is not the only one. Branch out to other search engines in order to increase your traffic. Believe it or not, people use search engines other than Google to search the Web.
- Update your content. Content will not only help to attract readers to your site, but it will also help to maintain those readers. Readers want to constantly be informed, entertained; what have you. Adding fresh, informative and insightful content will drive traffic to your site and keep it coming back.
- Build links. Create links to your site in various places around the World Wide Web. Link to other people’s site via your site, and ask them to do the same for you.
- Submit to a directory. Submit your site to a directory. This will help to get your site more noticed by your targeted audience.