Let’s face it; the advent of the World Wide Web has really changed the way that businesses do business. With the touch of a few buttons, you can access literally unlimited information. And now, with the advent of social media, the way that businesses do business has changed even more so. You see, not only are people using search engines as means of finding information, but they are also relying on social media.
If you operate and offline business and you are looking to expand your success, then you really need to consider promoting your business online; and not just online but via social media, as well.
When it comes to advertising an offline business with social media, you may be wondering which platform you should choose. To that, my first response is Facebook. Facebook is, hands down, the most widely used social media platform, and so promoting your business via this site will surely help you gain exposure for your business.
If you have an offline business and you are interested in using Facebook to promote your business, then you may be wondering where exactly you should start. With these easy to follow tips, you can get yourself set up with a Facebook page for your offline business that will help you increase your business in no time.
• Set up your account. The first thing you are going to want to do is set up a page for your offline business on Facebook. When you are creating your page, you are going to want to indicate that the page is for local business or place, which you will see is one of the options provided to you. It is important that you remember to indicate that you are a local business or place because this will help your page show up in relevant searches and let Facebook users know that your business is offline.
• Select a Category. Choose the category that your business is in
• Add your Name. Add the name of your business where appropriate.
• Fill in the Details. You will be asked to fill in the basic details of your offline business. This includes uploading a photo and filling out an ‘about’ section.
• Navigate the Admin Panel. This is where you will manage the page for your business. Here, you can update information about your business, and you can also build your audience.
• Add Content. After you have your page setup, go ahead and start adding content to it. Upload an appealing cover photo, customize your tabs, start posting and start networking with your audience and with other businesses.
With these simple tips, you will be on your way to maximizing your offline business with Facebook in no time.