In this day and age, virtually everyone has a Smart phone. In fact, almost everyone that I personally know conducts all of their surfing on the World Wide Web via their phone. This is a truly wonderful thing for those of us who work in the Internet marketing industry. Why? Because it allows us to easily reach a larger audience. That being said, however, if you have not modified your Web site to make sure that it is friendly for the mobile Web surfer, then you really could be – rather, you are – doing yourself a disservice.
While you can definitely view your Web site from a mobile phone, even if you haven’t modified it to make it mobile-user friendly, those who are accessing your Web site via their mobiles are likely going to have these complaints to make:
- It takes too long for your site to load on a mobile.
- The type on your Web site is difficult to read from a mobile phone.
- The layout of the Web site is difficult to follow and work with on a mobile phone.
- It is difficult to navigate the Web site from a mobile phone.
- The flash does not work on the mobile phone.
- It is difficult to click on the buttons on your Web site using the touch screen of a mobile phone.
- It is difficult to access any sub menus that may exist on your Web site from a mobile phone.
Now that you know some of the problems that your site visitors can experience when visiting your site from a mobile phone if you have not made the site mobile-friendly, you can easily correct these problems with a few simple steps. Here are some of the ways that you can easily make your Web site easy to use for a mobile user.
- Add a mobile plugin onto your Web site. Most platforms offer an easy to install plugin that will allow you to make your site mobile-friendly in a matter of minutes. Simply install one of these plugins and your site will be ready to use on a mobile phone in no time.
- Make sure your site is easy to use. Mobile users don’t want to have to go on a scavenger hunt to find what they are looking for. Make sure that your site is clear and easy to navigate.
- Step away from Flash. Most mobile phones will likely have a difficult time loading Flash, so try to avoid relying on it for your Web site.