It is often the case in internet marketing that some subjects are hyped up out of all recognition but as far as social media goes, all of the good stuff that you will have read about it is definitely true so with that in mind, let’s have a look at 5 powerful steps to social media gold.
1. Firstly, embrace everything about it and be prepared to learn. As internet marketers is is easy to think that we know it all but when you see something like Facebook which everyone from school children to pensioners are involved with, it is obvious that there are so many opportunities that you may have not previously even considered.
2. Don’t over look the power of outsourcing when it comes to social media. It is a good idea to have a Facebook and Twitter account for everyone of your websites so it is easy to see how you easily become bogged down by it all. A lot of social media work is boring and repetitive so an ideal task to outsource.
3. Don’t be on the take all of the time with social media. What I mean by that is don’t be full on trying to sell one of your products or services to your social media contacts. Instead, be as helpful and friendly as you possibly can and you will soon see some fantastic results.
4. Separate business from pleasure, it is so easy to log into your Facebook account and several hours later realise that you haven’t actually got any work done. Make sure that when you log into your accounts to do some marketing, make sure that is exactly what you do.
5. Don’t under estimate the amount of traffic it is possible to get from social media marketing. I have seen internet marketers do really well with their social media efforts but don’t have a website or product in place in order to take advantage of this traffic, therefore rendering it all a complete waste of time.
Take the time to learn what social media can do for your online business, not to long mind, when you have picked up the basics just get cracking and you will realise that it really can make such a big difference and for relatively little effort with the only investment that is required will be that of your time.